Color Finesse 3 Feature Highlights
- Available as both a plug-in and a standalone application.
- Plug-in available in 32- and 64-bit flavors for compatibility with Adobe CS5 and later applications.
- Macintosh version available as FxPlug for use in Final Cut Pro and Motion.
- Uses 32-bit floating-point color space for incredible resolution and latitude.
- User configurable control over shadows, midtones, and highlights, as well as overall correction.
- Performs corrections in HSL, RGB, CMY, and YCbCr color spaces.
- Automatic color matching and black, white, and gray balance.
- Auto-Color and Auto-Exposure buttons give one-click access to your creative color grading starting point.
- Custom correction curves in both RGB and HSL formats.
- Vibrance control gives refined control over image saturation.
- Six channel secondary color correction for selecting and correcting individual color vectors.
- Reference images and split-screen wipe facilitate accurate color grading and matching.
- Smart chroma and luma limiting ensures that even extreme color changes stay within "legal" limits without harsh clipping.
- Highlight Recovery tools provides a visually-pleasing way to recover overbright areas of the image which would normally be clipped.
- Waveform monitor, vectorscope, histogram, and correction curve displays give full visibility into the correction process.
- Export color correction settings as 3D LUTs in a variety of formats, including Autodesk Lustre and Smoke, Academy LUT, Assimilate Scratch, Pogle, Truelight, Cine-tal, and LUTher.
- Fully optimized for multiple processors and SSE/SSE2 on Intel processors and AltiVec (Velocity Engine) on PowerPC.
- The plug-in has a simplified interface giving you access to the most commonly used color correction controls directly in the host application.
- Scrub through the clip you're correcting and preview your work with realtime playback.
- Direct communication with video preview hardware without additional software. Supported hardware includes FireWire/DV (Mac), Blackmagic (Mac/Windows) and AJA (Mac).
- Preview lookup tables (LUTs) allow for accurate previewing.
- Supports Colorociter Colorist's Workstation and Tangent Wave for tactile hardware control.
- Includes User's Guide in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format.